Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Heart Has Joined the Thousand


January 5th 2010:
Feeling inspired. It's a good feeling, one that can be hard to come by in the gloomy Seattle winter months, so I am embracing it.
I drew up a couple tattoos for friends, then decided to go for it and tattoo myself. Tattooing is one of the most frustrating mediums of art I have attempted. Generally, I get obsessed, dig in, create, create, create...but with tattoos, human canvases aren't exactly readily available at all hours, which led to me start staring at my legs, two viable drawing surfaces just hanging out - maybe it's not the smartest thing in the world to do, but then, I've always been more impulsive than smart about my decision making process.
I have to say, it was weird tattooing myself, but hey, a girl has gotta practice and learn.
All in all, it came out okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment