Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Casket for Sale


January 4th 2010:
Time is a strange thing. For instance, today time seems to be moving at a snail's pace. Yesterday an hour flashed by in a blink, but now each minute feels like a lifetime.
I am in the same place I was yesterday (behind my desk, at work), doing the same things I did yesterday (spreadsheets, reports, customer service), so theoretically, time should pass the same way it did yesterday.
Remember how epic and eternal summers felt as a kid? Now they come and go before I have a chance to get my vitamin D levels out of the toilet.
Does extreme boredom have the ability to bend time? It certainly can slow it down. Could boredome be the key to time travel? I mean, you could only go backwards, of course, but if one were to get so absolutely bored time slowed to a stop, then get even more bored than that, could they slip back an hour, a day, a year?
Anyhoo...
Enough nonsense. Perhaps I just need a nap. Or more coffee. Or both.

I saw this ad in the furniture for sale section on craigslist:

Casket-
brown exterior- could be painted
the lid is hinged and split
never been used
interior is white
you pick it up
will take best offer

Nice of the poster to note the casket it not used... now there is an untapped market, though, right? Used coffin sales. It's a million dollar idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment