Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bride of Frankenstein Tattoo - #6


January 28th & 29th 2011:
Just never got around to blogging yesterday... spent the morning hanging out with the husband and pooches, then the afternoon doing my 6th tattoo and first attempt at a portrait... I did this Bride of Frankenstein on the inside of my calf, and man, did it make me wish I had kept up on yoga. I had to bend into some pretty awkward positions to get to the backside of the hair and to the front of her face. Yikes!

So, the background isn't finished and it still needs to be tightened up, but mostly it is done - after 2 and a half hours, I just couldn't keep going... tattooing and being tattooed at the same time is pretty tiring, and my muscles were super pissed at being stretched all funny... oh well. I'll get back to it next month.... plus I had a show I needed to be at.

So, I wrapped up the tattoo, cleaned up my workspace, threw on some clothes and booked it down the street to the Josephine to watch Curse of the North and Grenades play. While passing the flask with the ladies, I was also introduced to a new beverage - yellow panty dropper - which is vodka, beer and lemonade. The combo sounds disgusting, and it looked like urine, but tasted rather fantastic... Thanks Liz and Mary for sharing!

Today, I am just going to do some drawing then relax, and nurse this mild hangover and achy/burny leg...

No comments:

Post a Comment