Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy


January 23rd 2011:
Man, woke up at 4am dehydrated, my head thumping and my leg on fire. I spent about 5 minutes scrounging in the dark for a bottle of water (Chris likes to scatter them about on random shelves, bookcases and end tables) and another two clumsily trying to get the childproof top off a bottle of aspirin - not the easiest thing when you are half asleep and balanced on the edge between drunk and hungover. The mission was successful, though, and I managed to fall back asleep for a few more hours.

I have Mary to thank for the hangover. She came to visit last night, and with her came a lovely bottle of wine... sometimes wine is the best thing on the planet. I think I appreciate it more now that I have to limit my intake (and apparently I feel it more, too - I have become an ultimate lightweight). After killing the bottle, we headed to Chupacarbra with our respective dudes, had a couple more drinks and some delicious Mexican food. All in all, a damn fine evening.

Sadly, the consequence was that today I felt like doing absolutely nothing (including writing this blog post)... that and my leg is all burny and sore from the tattooing yesterday. Whining aside, sometimes a lazy day is much needed, mentally and physically... a couple crap movies later (oh, salt... sigh), and I am feeling human again.

If only tomorrow wasn't Monday....

No comments:

Post a Comment