Monday, January 3, 2011

(Dis)organized


January 3rd 2010:
Totally forgot to reset my alarm last night... started out the first work week of 2011 by running out the door for the bus with no coffee, no makeup, no shower... just enough time to pull on some pants and boots and brush my teeth. Sigh.
I am going to blame David Cross for this. He made me laugh, and laughter made me forget all about Monday morning and work. Again, sigh.
Also, it is freezing cold out. The upside to this, frozen dog shit is much easier to shovel than rained on dog shit. Oh, how I love Mondays.
Last night I decided it was time to clean house, starting with my poor computer and the millions of files clogging it up. I am terrible at cleaning... or more, at purging. I'm pretty quick with the dusting, the laundry, the vacuum, but man, when I have to get rid of stuff and make some space, I suck. I decided to start by clearing out my Garageband files. It began okay, one file deleted, one file condensed and labeled. Then I was left with 25 odd files with benign names like "My Song 18" or "Punk Song 3."
Unable to just delete these, I obsessively opened and listened to each one. Some of them contained multiple songs on multiple tracks. After the initial playback, I began reprogramming drum beats, rewriting lyrics, rerecording guitar lines. Needless to say, I ended my clean-a-thon with only one file deleted, new tracks added to two songs, and one entirely new file and entirely new song, now labeled "My Song 26." For the third time... sigh.
Perhaps tonight I will fare better...

1 comment: