Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happy B-Day, Kari, Bailey & Christiaan!!



February 9th 2011:
A day off from everything yesterday... so amazing. It was my husband's 33 birthday, and my twin sisters' 15th birthday. When they were born, I was 18. I remember doing the math: when they're 12, I'll be 30; when they're 16, I'll be 34... man, I will be so OLD!

It's crazy, how perspective on age changes. Back then, I thought 30 was halfway to dead. I assumed I'd have a house and a "real" job and that I'd know what I was doing and be pretty set in life... boy was I wrong! I am now past the 30 marker, and I still have no clue what I'm doing, I have no set "career", no house or the mortgage payments that go with it, and honestly, I really don't feel all that old or grown up.

In fact, starting to feel "grown up" scares the holy hell out of me. But who knows, maybe my perspective on that will change when I'm say, 50?

No comments:

Post a Comment