Wednesday, February 2, 2011

California Dreamin'


February 2nd 2011:
Word of the day: exhaustion

I am just feeling off... not sure what is going on. I have tons of things to do, but just can't seem to pull it together, wake up and get anything done the last couple days. So tired today, I can barely keep my eyes open.

Maybe it is a case of Seattle-winteritis... January and February are especially difficult... the cold, gray drear just gets under my skin. I find myself daydreaming about sunshine and longing for L.A. - I only lived there for 6 months or so, but it was definitely my favorite place to live. Granted, I was living hella cheap in a house that's front yard was Newport Beach (you really can't bitch about waking up, grabbing a cup of coffee and walking 5 steps out your door before your bare feet hit warm sand).

I am definitely a sun and water girl - I feel most at peace by the ocean. Something about the sound of the waves and that salt smell in the air, the sun warming your skin and the ocean breeze cooling it. Someday, maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment