Monday, March 7, 2011

Tsunami Time Bomb


March 7th 2011:
Not much time for blogging the last few days... tattoos to do, paintings to work on, shows to attend, friends to catch up with and so forth.

I had a horrible dream Friday night... the kind where you wake up in cold sweats, heart thumping, blood racing. I was on vacation somewhere in the south end of Florida with friends and family. We were staying at this old, wooden place built on a pier. I can still remember how it smelled, that dampness in the air, the heat of the sun. We were at the bar/restaurant on the lower level, everyone was scattered, smoking, ordering drinks, waiting for food to arrive. I went out to have a smoke and noticed the water. It was moving in a way no ocean should ever move. It would rise slowly, higher and higher, then drop suddenly, like the bottom had fallen out from under it. A Waiter or busboy walked by, told me the tides had been acting strange for three months. I started to worry, a sense of dread creeping in. I was thinking we should pack up and leave, something bad was going to happen. Somewhere, a man screamed. "Tidal wave!" I looked up to see a huge wall of water. My body told me to run, my brain told me to find my sisters, my mom, my husband and friends. People start screaming I love yous and goodbyes. Chris runs up to me and takes my hand. "There's nowhere to go anyway," he says. "Are you ready?"

This damn dream has stuck with me. Every detail. Now I feel like I am wasting time. What am I doing with my life? If a wave came and washed me away, what would I have left behind?

**P.S. Dream interpreters say dreaming of a tidal wave or tsunami represent an overwhelming emotional issue that demands attention ASAP/negative feelings have been bottled up too long/sadness & emotional stress in waking life... sounds about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment