Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sleepyhead


March 15th 2011:
So unbelievably tired today. I was late getting into bed last night for reasons too mundane to comment on (damn you crap TV), and for some ungodly reason, my eyes popped open at 4:45am, a mere 4 hours and 45 minutes after I got to bed.

I tried to fall back asleep. I did breathing exercises, I counted to a thousand, I tossed and turned, trying to find a more comfortable spot on our old, sunken mattress... to no avail. There was no reason to be up. I just was.

Now, I am feeling it so hard. It was nice for a week to walk to the bus in the light. Thank you daylight savings for relinquishing me back to the morning darkness and adding to the tiredness of the day.

Spring, can you hurry up and get here already? I could use some sun, and the weird rose tree in my backyard seems to think it is time.

Notes for tonight: no coffee after dark, do not start any new art projects that, left unfinished, will cause me to fret and think all night, remake the bed to avoid "blanket strangulation" and have a chat with the dogs about sleeping in their own beds, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment