Monday, June 1, 2009

Strange Dreams



When I was a kid, I used to have this recurring dream about tornadoes. It was always the same, I would be sitting in the frame of a house, just a ceiling, floors and beams, like the place was only half built, in the middle of a huge field of tall brown grass. There were no mountains or buildings anywhere in sight, and I could see from one horizon to the other. The sky was always cloudy and purple, the air perfectly still. A funnel would form from those purple clouds, touch the ground and head towards me and my frame of a house.
These dreams were never frightening; instead, I was always filled with a sense of calm and would wake up well rested and at peace. I'm not sure what any of it means, but ever since, I have been obsessed with tornadoes.
This piece was originally called Elizabeth's Dream... below it is my photo muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment