Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Shiny, Happy Seattle


This weather is ridiculous! It's pushing 80 degrees, the sky is clear and blue and we have had an uninterrupted week of sunshine. I have been cranking through boxes of dog treats, Billie and Roland refuse to come inside without a bribe (I don't blame them, I would prefer to lay in the grass and bask in the sun all day, too). Every morning I have to remind myself that I'm still in the Pacific Northwest and not SoCal. ... where is the rain and the oppressive blanket of clouds? I think I might be suffering from a vitamin D overload!

But there's nothing like sunshine to get the synapses firing and the creative juices flowing - I prepped four new canvasses yesterday and have a pile of sketches ready to be transformed into paintings. I have been having dreams about a young girl and her travels through a post-apocalyptic world and I am itching to put that strange scenery to canvas.


In other news, I have a show lined up for July at Bauhaus on Capitol Hill. I will post all the details in a couple weeks. Who knows, given this creative burst I might have a few surprise new paintings ready to hang by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment