Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The past is never dead...

Ever have one of those days where things just seem off? You put on your favorite t-shirt and it fits funny, your shoes feel too big, you struggle with your hair and it just won't sit right, you knock over everything you touch... the kind of day where the only thing you can do is say screw it...

So, screw it.


This is an older painting, the only one from a batch I did in 2005-2006 that I haven't sold. I don't know why. I just like it. There's something magical about poppies, they make me happy.

Quote for today: The past is never dead. It's not even past. -- William Faulkner

3 comments:

  1. this has always been my favorite. don't sell it. i like to see it from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Destined to be everyone's favorite and yet never be sold. It's a curious sort of curse for a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks!! One day though, I will let it go... it needs to find the right home.

    ReplyDelete