Saturday, July 2, 2011

Time Time Time

July 2nd 2011:

Time is just flying by of late. I can hardly believe it is already July, and I am only a couple weeks away from that dreaded marker of just how old I am getting - my birthday. Sometimes I wish I could step back and slow things down for a bit, maybe have a minute or two to actually enjoy things, you know?

June was a month of craziness - big changes at work, some important decisions to be made regarding the future, the art bug hit and a painting storm ensued, art went up in Fremont for July, there were shows to attend and friends to catch up with, and the husband jetted off to Canada for a few days, then off on tour... currently I hear he is stuck in traffic outside Las Vegas, fun fun.

The last couple weeks, ones I thought I could use to chill and get some personal time in, have sped by in a whirlwind, leaving me dazed and fuzzy in the head (last night's trip to not one, but four drinking establishments may be a little to blame for the fuzziness, but what can you do?).

My pre-birthday goal this year: to get down to what I weighed when I was 20 - 106 pounds. So far, I have managed to shed 10 pounds (hooray) thanks to a crazy little phone application... that means I only have 4 pounds left to go. I think I just might pull it off!

Now, the dryer is buzzing and Roland is chattering away to let me know it is dinner time... there's an itch in brain to take a real stab at a second novel (I have virtual drawers full of half completed books, those poor wretches), and a friend will be over shortly for a mini- girlie pajamas, wine and movies party.

I'd best get my ass in gear and my act together, because it is already almost 7 pm and time is flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment