Sunday, July 17, 2011

On Getting Older

July 17th 2011:

So here it is again, that pesky devil of a day, another notch in the wall of time - my birthday.

It's the day where you get asked, do you feel older?, where comments on your crow's feet and gray hairs (imaginary or real) become acceptable, where the kinder folks say things like, you don't look a day older than 23, or you really look good for your age...

After a certain point, people start tagging that line onto things... for your age. Like, you're thin for your age, your skin is pretty good  for your age, you dress pretty cool for your age, and so on into eternity.

I got the new issue of Vogue in the mail the other day... the "Age Issue", of course...

But, you're only as old as you feel... or is it, you're only as old as you act?

Anyway, enough nonsense... I've got my new boots on (thanks Chrissypoo), my is chin up and I'm off for breakfast and drinks with friends! Happy birthday, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment