Friday, July 15, 2011

Dream Birds in my Backyard

July 15th 2011:

Strangeness abounds... some days more than others. I wonder sometimes if dreams are based on reality or if reality sometimes can be based on dreams. Or if there is really a difference between waking reality and dreaming - perhaps they are both equally relevant and true.

I sent this email on July 12th (click to make it bigger):




Yesterday, while on the phone with Kay, I noticed a flash of blue outside the back window. I looked outside and a bright blue bird the size of a small rabbit was sitting in our tree staring at me. I went to grab my camera, and it had moved on to the neighbors yard, but I managed to snap this pic from afar - just to prove I'm not either totally nuts or a huge liar...
The great and powerful internet tells me this was most likely a California Scrub Jay - I have never seen one before today, but it is eerily similar to the giant blue bird of my weird-happy dream. Is this a good omen? Or merely cooincidence?

Who knows...

1 comment: