Sunday, February 19, 2012

Holy Crap it's 2012!

February 19th 2012:

Wow, 2012... how'd that happen? This is the year of the dragon... a time of change, and so far the dragon has been tossing me around quite a bit.

Got laid off from my soul-suck of a job a couple weeks ago. After the initial period of indignant rage and stress, things have settled, and I am really quite happy, possibly for the first time in almost 5 years. No more 7-days a week work schedule, no more offices and cubicles and spreadsheets and corporate policy. I feel healthier, my skin is better, those dark hollows under my eyes have all but faded away.

Lesson learned. I will never again sacrifice health and happiness for a paycheck.

Also, according to nut-jobs and Mayans, this is the last year for us earthlings... we've reached the end of the line, adios see ya. I don't really buy into the whole "end of days" things - seems like every year since about 1999 I have heard of one reason or another it's all going in the shitter (Y2K, anyone?) - but if this is it, and the world implodes or whatever in December, at least I won't have spent 2012 in a windowless room doing mindless tasks for a bunch of corporate dick-holes.

How will you spend your last year on earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment